I know you can worship God anywhere you are, in fact I would encourage this sort of behaviour. But, I’ve heard a lot of folks say they don’t go to church because they feel closer to God in the outdoors or in the privacy of their homes. Well, with a few quick verses I think I can help you make that trip to your local watering hole (the body of Christ). The local church is a powerful tool in the life of the believer and the Bible stresses the importance of it. If you don’t have a Bible believing church that you attend I highly encourage you to find one. And those of you that have one available yet you don’t take full advantage of it……shame on you.
THREE REASONS FOR CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP!!
32. That I may come unto you with joy by the will of God, and may with you be refreshed.
1. FELLOWSHIP SHOULD PRODUCE JOY IN OUR LIVES.
I John 1:3-4
3. That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.
4. And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full.
2. FELLOWSHIP IS THE WILL OF GOD.
25. Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.
3. FELLOWSHIP IS OUR SOURCE OF BEING REFRESHED AND EDIFIED.
I Thess 5:11
11. Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do.